1. Go to www.nic.edu/flc and read all of the information pertaining to Flexible Learning Center courses at NIC. Be sure to watch the Orientation PowerPoint presentation at that site.
2. Log in to Blackboard. Your log in for Blackboard is the same username and password that you use for MyNIC.
3. You will see a list of courses that have companion Blackboard sites in which you are enrolled. This will include your online, on campus, and Flexible Learning Center (FLC) courses.
4. Choose an FLC course from the list. You may only be enrolled in one or you may be enrolled in several. Read the information carefully and follow the instructions provided.
a. Click on the Syllabus link. If you are enrolled in more than one FLC course, have a plan for keeping your work organized for each course.
b. Click on the appropriate button to get started on the Course Assignments.
c. Be sure that you submit the Course Information Quiz right away. Submission of this quiz documents your first week attendance. Students who do not attend courses during the first week of school will be dropped for nonattendance.
d. Most assignments should be completed in order starting from the top and working down. File folders may contain assignments organized by Units or Chapters. Each course has unique assignments and course requirements.
5. There is also a Grades button in Blackboard. FLC faculty will update your grades as they receive and grade your assignments. Please allow 48 hours for new grades to appear at this link--more if assignments are submitted on a Friday or during the weekend. Note: Grades for courses using MyITLab are found in myitlab using the Grades tab.