Explosions may be accidental or deliberate and can be caused by chemicals, natural gas, propane, high pressure steam, or an explosive device.
If you see or hear an explosion:
- CALL 911 IMMEDIATELY and call Campus Security at 3310
- Be prepared for possible further explosions
- Leave the area if possible
- If unable to leave, take cover under a table or desk or in a windowless interior room such as a restroom
- Stay away from windows, mirrors, overhead fixtures, filing cabinets, bookcases, heavy objects, and electrical equipment
- If evacuation is ordered, proceed to the appropriate assembly area
- Do not move seriously injured persons unless they are in obvious, immediate danger
- Open doors carefully. Watch for falling objects.
- Do not use elevators
- Do not use matches or lighters
- Be prepared for fire or power failures to follow explosions