Complete Your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
The First Step for Financial Aid
The first step to apply for Federal Financial Aid is completing your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid.) Click here to get started and follow along with the video below. If you have additional questions or need help filling out the FAFSA click here.
If you would like help transferring your filed tax information directly from the IRS's website onto your FAFSA click here.
To File Your FAFSA Online
1. Both you and your parent (if dependent) will apply for a personal identification number (PIN) at www.pin.ed.gov. Your PIN acts as your electronic signature for the online FAFSA. By signing the FAFSA you agree, if asked:
a. To provide information that will verify the accuracy of your application;
b. To provide U.S. or state income tax transcripts that you filed or are required to file.
2. Go to fafsa.ed.gov and complete the FAFSA:
a. For Fall 2013, Spring 2014, and/or Summer 2014 complete the 2013-2014 FAFSA.
b. For Fall 2012, Spring 2013 or Summer 2013 complete the 2012-2013 FAFSA.
3. After submitting your FAFSA online a Student Aid Report (SAR) will be sent to you in the mail from the federal government. Review your SAR for mistakes. Correct any mistakes at fafsa.ed.gov and re-sign your FAFSA. We'll receive these corrections electronically from the federal government.
* The FAFSA may be filed beginning January 1, 2013. It must be submitted prior to your last date of attendance or June 30, 2013 whichever is earlier.
* Students are encouraged to apply early to ensure eligibility for maximum amounts of financial aid.