NIC Student Health
NIC Student Health Services
Located on the 2nd Floor of the Edminster Student Union Building
Call (208) 769-7818 to schedule an appointment
Monday -Thursday 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Friday's - 8:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
All services are confidential unless there is a life threatening issue that we must report. We welcome your questions, comments and suggestions so that we can assist you in leading a positive and healthy lifestyle. Please contact the North Idaho College Director of Student Disability, Health and Counseling if you have questions or comments.
Student Health Services
- Primary health care services
- Health evaluations, treatment of minor injuries and acute health problems such as colds, flu, bladder infections, sprains, and strains
- STD evaluations and tests, including HIV testing
- Preventive medical care including some immunizations, physicals, and TB testing
- Procedures and cultures including blood and urine testing, pap smears, and pregnancy testing
- Reproductive health care and contraceptive services, including emergency contraception
- Treatment for wart removal
- Medical, surgical and dental referrals
- Limited in-office laboratory testing. Other laboratory tests and all x-rays are referred into the community and payment is the student's responsibility.
- Allergy desensitization injections. The student should bring allergy serum and allergist instructions to Health Services.
- Physical examinations for athletic teams, overseas academic programs and some employment physicals, nursing and allied health programs
- Loan of crutches
- Quality condoms free of charge
- Self-care medications in the reception area of Student Health
Student Health Education Services
- Free educational materials available
- Health / wellness education and promotion
- Holistic health and complementary health issues
- Women’s health care information including abstinence and contraceptive choices
- HIV/AIDS related issues including prevention, treatment and referrals
- Personal health education including stress management, sexuality concerns including GLBT issues, rape/date rape, and exercise
- Basic nutrition consultation is available for healthy lifestyle choices and concerns such as weight loss, weight gain, eating disorders, and specific disease problems. Referrals will be made for specialized concerns and/or for individuals needing more intensive services.