How to Qualify and Apply
To qualify for the TRiO Students Support Services Program, you must ...
- Be a citizen or legal resident of the United States.
- Attend NIC at least half time and working toward an Associate of Science or Associate of Arts degree. (Preference is given to full-time students, but students attending at least half time are welcome to apply.)
- Be able to complete an associates degree and transfer within 4 years.
- Plan to transfer to a four-year college or university to earn a bachelor's degree.
- Have an academic need, and
- Meet one of the following three criteria set by the Department of Education:
- Financially limited, according to federal criteria.
- A first generation college student (neither parent has earned a baccalaureate degree).
- A student with a documented physical or learning disability.
To apply please,
- Print and complete the program Application Packet and print a copy of your financial aid award letter.
- Return all documents to the TRiO SSS Office in the Student Union Building, second floor.
- If you have questions or would prefer to apply in person please contact Cindy at (208) 769-5979 or come to the SSS Office in the Student Union Building, second floor.