How to Qualify and Apply
To qualify for the TRiO Students Support Services Program, you must ...
- Be a citizen or legal resident of the United States.
- Attend NIC at least half time and working toward an Associate of Science or Associate of Arts degree. (Preference is given to full-time students, but students attending at least half time are welcome to apply.)
- Be able to complete an associates degree and transfer within 4 years.
- Plan to transfer to a four-year college or university to earn a bachelor's degree.
- Have an academic need, and
- Meet one of the following three criteria set by the Department of Education:
- Financially limited, according to federal criteria.
- A first generation college student (neither parent has earned a baccalaureate degree).
- A student with a documented physical or learning disability.
To apply please,
- Print and complete the program Application Packet and print a copy of your financial aid award letter.
- Return all documents to the TRiO SSS Office in the Student Union Building, Room 221 (after entry into the Academic Support Services area take an immediate left and proceed down the hallway to Room 221).
- If you have questions or would prefer to apply in person please contact Cindy at (208) 769-5979 or come to the SSS Office in the Student Union Building, Room 221.