The purpose of AISA shall be to:
- Form a council representative of American Indian Student leaders and organizations.
- Coordinate activities and opportunities of interest to American Indian students on campus.
- Represent the interests of American Indian students at NIC, promote increased awareness of American Indian cultures, and address issues of concern.
- Develop a model of networking and cooperation among student leaders that creates and promotes professional and tribal networks for the future.
- Manage fundraising for American Indian activities and events.