8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. (Monday - Thursday)
8:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. (Friday)
Special arrangements will be made for OARS or groups that are not available to come to campus during hours of operation.
The Cardinal Card is the official ID card for all Students, Faculty, and Staff. Photo ID is required to receive a Cardinal Card (e.g. Driver's License, Passport, Military ID, etc.).
- Student Card: Students registered for the current or upcoming term, are issued a Cardinal Card.
- Employee Card: Active employees are issued a Cardinal Card.
- Vendors/Contractors: Vendors and contractors will be issued a temporary card, upon approval from the Physical Plant Manager or designee.
All students and employees must have a Cardinal Card for identification purposes. It is a multifunctional card serving a variety of purposes to support your life experience at North Idaho College. Your Cardinal Card provides access to numerous areas on campus, as well as free or discounted admission to a variety of events. You must present your Cardinal Card to check out library books, use the computer labs, or rent equipment through Outdoor Pursuits. The Mica Peak Exchange (bookstore) requires your Cardinal Card to write checks, use credit cards, software purchases and financial aid charges. The Cardinal Card can also be used for facility access and dining services. Cardinal Cash can be added to your card for purchases in dining services and the bookstore.
The Cardinal Card should be kept with you throughout your time at North Idaho College. The Cardinal Card is the property of North Idaho College and the use of this card is governed by college rules and regulations. The card is not transferable and must be presented to college officials upon request. The Cardinal Card is to be used only by the person to whom it is issued and will be confiscated if presented by someone other than the cardholder.
How to Get Your First Cardinal Card
The Cardinal Card Office is located on the main floor in the Edminster Student Union Building. Go to the Cardinal Card office for ID services. Most students will get their ID card while attending Orientation, but if you miss this opportunity, you can come to the office anytime during office hours. Be sure to bring your picture ID (e.g. Driver's License, Passport, Military ID etc.)
Where to Use Your Card
- Campus Departments
General ID for receiving assistance at NIC offices
- Campus Dining Services in Edminster Student Union Building
The Educated Cup
- Convenience Store in the NIC Residence Hall if you are a resident
- Molstead Library
Printing Services - coming soon
- Mica Peak Exchange Bookstore in Edminster Student Union Building
Financial Aid purchases
Purchases with check or credit card
Cardinal Cash purchases
- Outdoor Pursuits/Recreational Sports
- Associated Students North Idaho College (ASNIC)
Admission to events
Care of Your Card and Guidelines
Treat your card as you would a credit card. Lost, stolen, damaged, or destroyed cards will result in a $20.00 card replacement charge.
- Keep track of your card
- Don’t loan your card to any person for any reason. Use of someone else’s card, even if they gave you permission, is considered misuse and the card will be confiscated.
- Your card can be fragile so please don’t use it as a ruler or ice scraper as extreme temperature may damage your card.
- Do not bend card. You will be given a card holder with your original card.
- Do not draw or place stickers on your card. Stickers can get your card stuck in and damage machines.
- Do not punch holes in your card.
Cards with manufacturer defects will be replaced at no charge. User damage will be charged the $20.00 replacement fee. Get your replacement card at the Information/Cardinal Card Office. Cash, check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and Cardinal Cash will be accepted.