Steps for Starting an ASNIC Club
NIC Students may start a new ASNIC club at any point during the year. A minimum of three currently enrolled fee-paying North Idaho College students may form a new ASNIC club by completing the application procedure below.
Starting a new ASNIC Club takes six easy steps:
1. Review the list of recognized ASNIC Clubs to verify the club you hope to start does not already exist at North Idaho College.
2. Submit "Intent to Form a Student Club" to state your intention(s) to start a new student organization as soon as possible, this gives you time to finish the rest of the Club packet.
3. Complete a New Club packet.
o Club Roster - Submit an electronic Club Roster (Please keep this updated as your club grows in membership)
o Advisor-Identify and enlist a full-time faculty or staff member to serve as an advisor for your organization
o Constitution- (See our handy constitution template in the New Club Packet to incorporate required elements)
o Budget-Submit an Estimated Annual Budget Form
4. Schedule a meeting with ASNIC Vice President, the club advisor, and the ASNIC advisor to review paperwork, ICC requirements, and campus policies and procedures.
5. Present Club at the Next ICC meeting. ICC will vote to approve club.
6. Attend FAST Meeting to ask for start-up funds.
NOTE: THE STUDENT ACTIVITIES STAFF OR AN ASNIC REPRESENTATIVE IS AVAILABLE TO ASSIST IN THE PROCESS OF STARTING A NEW CLUB.