North Idaho College welcomes the enrollment of international students and encourages them to participate in the educational, social, and cultural activities of our local community.
For information on the Intensive English Language Program
, contact Erik Fenenbock
Admissions Requirements and Information:
Now accepting applications for Summer & Fall 2015!
International students must meet the same admissions requirements as domestic students. Students must have graduated from a secondary school and have the minimum English abilities to succeed in college. International students who are transferring from a US college or university must have a minimum 2.00 grade point average.
All application materials from students who are located abroad should be sent to the Admissions Office at least six (6) months before registration in order to allow time for evaluation and notice of acceptance. International students who are applying from within the United States need to submit all materials no less than one month prior to registration.
Submit the following for admission:
- International Student Application Packet (available from the Admissions Office or print and mail).
- Application for Admission
- Financial Declaration: International students must have sufficient financial resources to fully meet all institutional and personal expenses while studying in the United States. North Idaho College will not bear responsibility for an international student’s finances.
- Certificate of Health - Immunizations
- Official secondary (high school) transcript and confirmation of graduation.*
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended. An original, certified English translation must accompany those documents which are not in English.*
- Health Insurance: International students are required to purchase personal health insurance.
- Official TOEFL Scores. Minimum scores are 500 (paper-based) and 173 (computer-based), 61 (internet-based). TOEFL information can be obtained on the World Wide Web: www.toefl.org.
* Official transcripts are original copies provided in a sealed envelope directly from the issuing school to the North Idaho College Admissions Office.
Send all forms to:
Office of Admissions
North Idaho College
1000 West Garden Avenue
Coeur d’Alene, ID 83814 USA
NIC will issue an I-20 to accepted students who provide the appropriate admissions and financial documentation.
North Idaho College recognizes that there is a natural source of concern for
safety on campus and in accordance with the Jeanne Clery Act the college
annual security and fire safety report that contains information
regarding North Idaho College’s safety policies, crime and fire statistics,
and campus resources. A paper copy of the report may be obtained by contacting
the Campus Security at 208-769-3310.