The Pharmaceutical Manufacturing program is designed
for students who desire careers in the research and production
of pharmaceutical and medicine products. These
products are used to treat disease and for the betterment
of life. The production of these products requires a fundamental
understanding of biology, chemistry, and manufacturing
Upon completion of this program students shall have
demonstrated the ability to:
- Be familiar with the language of biotechnology production.
- Be able to articulate, read and follow a standard operating
- Be able to understand and apply the regulatory requirements
of current good manufacturing practices.
- Understand the basic biology and chemistry behind
the manufacturing processes.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform laboratory skills
and work in team settings.
Completion of the following courses results in an associate
of science degree with an area of emphasis in pharmaceutical
manufacturing. It will ready the students for entry- to
mid-level positions in a biotechnology environment. The
required coursework also supports baccalaureate degree
requirements in biology, chemistry, and other scientific
disciplines. When advanced degrees are desired, course
selection should be tailored to match requirements defined
by intended transfer institution.