Career and Technical Program
The Radiography Technology program prepares students to become a radiography technologist and member of a healthcare team. The program integrates knowledge from the biological sciences, social sciences, and math with the theory and practice of radiography technology to prepare students as entry-level technologists. Upon successful completion of this program students will graduate with an associate of applied science degree and be eligible to become certified by taking the registry examination of the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT). The Radiography Technology associate of applied science degree program is accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT). Inquiries can be made by contacting JRCERT at 20 North Wacker Drive, Suite 2850, Chicago, IL 60606-3182 or (312) 704-5300 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: This program begins in two-year cycles. For more
info on the next start date, contact
Wendy R. McIntosh or Shellie Son.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Application to the Radiography Technology program.
- Minimum grades of C/2.0 must be earned in each of
the prerequisite courses required for the program.
• BIOL-227 (Human Anatomy & Physiology I)
• BIOL-228 (Human Anatomy & Physiology II)
• CAOT-179 (Medical Terminology)
• MATH-025* (Elementary Algebra)
* Completion of MATH-025 or competency may be demonstrated by ACT, SAT, or COMPASS score taken in the two years prior to the program application deadline indicating placement above MATH-025 or completion of MATH-025 or MATH-108 or math class meeting the A.A.S. degree requirement as
listed in the NIC catalog.
- All lab science courses which were completed more than
seven years prior to application must be repeated.
- Minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.50 calculated
on all courses which meet the curriculum requirements.
- A criminal background check will be required upon acceptance. Violations may result in denied access to clinical
sites and therefore inability to complete the program. For questions regarding specific violations, please contact
the program director.
Shellie Son, M.Ed., RT(R) (MR)
Radiography Technology Program
Meyer Health and Sciences Building Room 224
Wendy R. McIntosh
Health Professions & Nursing Advisor
Meyer Health and Sciences Building Room 255