Registration and Cancellation Policy
Students attending North Idaho College will be required to pay their tuition and fees by published due dates based on their registration or they will have their registration canceled, unless they fall into one of the following categories:
- Students who have filed and have properly approved financial aid from federal, state, or other third party sources;
- Students who have been in the military and are awaiting funding from the Veterans Administration and have a deferment in place;
- Students attending under a concurrent/consortium agreement with another Idaho state college or university and a signed award letter has been submitted to the Student Accounts office; and,
- Students who have set up a payment plan with Tuition Management Systems (TMS).
- Students who have a balance owing of less than an amount equal to one credit of tuition and fees.
Failure to meet due dates will incur in class cancellation on those dates. Your student account must be cleared of all prior charges before you will be permitted to attend class, reside on campus and obtain or renew a meal card. Statements that are sent in with incomplete payments and/or deferments are subject to cancellation of registration. Statements may be printed from the student's MyNIC page.
**Note: If you are dropped from your classes for non-payment, you have the right to appeal that decision. You will be required to submit a Drop for Non-Payment Appeal form and required supporting documentation by noon of the tuesday following the payment deadline to the Student Accounts Office. It will be reviewed by a committee and a decision will be emailed to your student email address within 24 hours. (Fall and Spring second drop for non-payment)
**Note: If you pay for tuition and fees with a check that is returned, Non-Sufficient Funds, you will have 5 business days after notification to pay the balance owing or you will be removed from all your classes for non-payment.
**Note: If you owe a prior semester balance, you will not be allowed to register for a future semester. If you are already registered for a future semester, you will be dropped from those classes unless the balance has been paid.