Once students receive the enrollment email, they must go online to www.enroll.moneynetworkedu.com to select a preference for receiving the credit balance/refund from NIC. The two choices are:
- NICPAY Card - accepted at over 8 million merchant locations and 55,000 surcharge-free ATMs (same day)
- ACH direct deposit into your bank account (3-5 business days). Have your checkbook ready when you enroll.
See www.mycampusfunds.com/nic for more information.
Important - Failing to log in and select refund preference will cause unnecessary delays in financial aid disbursement. Students who do not log in to select their refund preference will receive a paper check mailed to the address NIC has on file.
Students re-use the NICPAY Card semester after semester so please do not discard the card regardless of which refund option you select. Those who choose to receive the disbursement on the NICPAY Card will enjoy the following features:
- use at thousands of merchant locations wherever MasterCard® is accepted
- no risk of overdraft fees, minimum balance, or monthly service fees
- it is not a credit card, so students can only spend what is available on the card
- free withdrawals at Allpoint® Network ATMs and a mobile app to locate them
- Money Network® checks that can be cashed free at any Walmart location
- upgrade your Money Network Account to be reloaded with other funds by employers, parents, or you. The upgrade is free!
When will you receive your financial aid refund/credit balance?
When students receive financial aid depends on many factors, including when they applied for aid, whether they submitted all the required paperwork in a timely fashion, whether they qualify for financial aid or scholarships, whether they accepted the award in MyNIC, whether they started attending their classes (important: it is not enough to register for classes. Student must attend classes to be eligible for financial aid), etc. Financial aid is generally disbursed the third Friday of the semester (Fall and Spring), applied first towards tuition and fees and other allowable expenses, then the credit balance is disbursed to the students.
Important - Verify your address and update it at least three weeks prior to the beginning of each semester. The sooner the better! Ensure that your address is correct in three places:
Changing one of them does not change the other two!