Foundation Grant Awards
NIC Foundation to award $55,000 in grants. The North Idaho College Foundation Board of Directors is proud to sponsor the Foundation Grant Program for the 18th consecutive year! Charitable dollars raised each year provide the resources to fund this grant program, which strives to foster innovation and creativity to further enhance excellence at NIC. Since 1994, the NIC Foundation has funded 197 grants totaling $878,578 through this particular grant program with the average grant ranging from $500 to $5,000. The NIC Foundation is pleased to be able to award $55,000 again this year.
Grant Process Timeline
- September 23, 2011Grant application available at www.nic.edu/foundation
- November 4, 2011 Completed applications due to appropriate Vice President
- November 9, 2011 Vice Presidents deliver signed applications to NIC Foundation
- Week of December 5th Selection committee meets and selects recipients
- Week of December 12th Recipients announced at public ceremony
- June 1, 2012Written reports due to NIC Foundation from grant recipients
New This Year!
Sara Fladeland, NIC Grants Coordinator, will be offering tips on grant writing and how to develop your proposal. Round-table discussions are scheduled for Tuesday, Oct. 4, at noon and Thursday, Oct. 13, at 3 p.m. in the Sherman Building conference room. Please call 769-7750 to sign up.