MicroSkills IV (Windows)
From EUREKA: The California Career Information System
Clients sort from among 72 well defined skill cards to select 35 cards. Once they prioritize these identified skill preferences into 5 "Very Satisfying", 10 "Moderately Satisfying", and 20 "Somewhat Satisfying" categories, and select five occupations of interest, that information is input into a computer program. The results are available about 10 minutes later. Along with this printout, each client receives a complete interpretation of these results.
Benefits & Advantages
- brings together technology and self-assessment, and uses transferable skills preferences to help make career decisions. MicroSkills IV offers a visual selection and card sort process for the skills selection.
- the overall goal of this skills identification process is to help you identify the skills and talents you now have and decide which ones you would most enjoy using in your work.
- you can create the ideal occupation for yourself, by choosing how you wish to spend time at work if you could really do whatever you wanted. The results will identify the occupations which most closely match this "dream career."
- is particularly helpful for career changers or those who have had some life experiences.
- produces a Holland Personality Type Code which gives you some idea of preferred work environments (Realistic, Investigative, Artistic, Social, Enterprising, and Conventional).
- offers a rated list of occupations that fit you best and most nearly represent your personally selected skill choices.
- a chart on each occupation is also included to graphically show the relationship between the skills selected and occupational ratings.
- will compare the skills you select through the card sort with as many as five occupations, to identify and evaluate the skills found in those occupations.
- will provide some brief information about each of these five occupations.
- develops a rated list of occupations that use many of those same satisfying identified skills.
- The card sort takes about 30-60 minutes, the processing takes about 10 minutes and the interpretation takes 20-30 minutes. Schedule an hour and a half appointment.