North Idaho College Career Services: Reach for the Stars!
Completely Decided About Career Direction:
- Are You Aware of Specialty Areas? Do You Know What Each Pays? Have you Chosen One?
- Do You Know What a Typical Day is Like in this Profession?
- Have You Chosen a Transfer College?
- Do you Know Which Classes Will Transfer to Your Chosen Transfer College?
- Use the Largest Scholarship Database Available to Help Finance Your Education (to supplement what you receive through your FAFSA and any college scholarships).
- Have You Explored Employment Outlook – How Many Jobs Are Out There?
- Do You Know What Employers Are Looking for When Hiring?
- Where Do You Want To Work?
- Network Through Informational Interviews and Job Shadowing. Get Inside Information From Local Professionals Who Are Currently Employed Doing What You Want to Do.
- Build Your Resume w/ Experiential Education: Internships and Volunteer Opportunities
- Learn Enough About Your Interests, Abilities, Values, & Personality to Describe Yourself to an Employer and Demonstrate How Your Chosen Career Fits Well with Who You Are?
- Get Help with a Resume, Cover Letter, and/or Upcoming Interview
- Use the Career Services Online Job Listings and Learn How to Discover the Hidden Job Market
Fairly Certain About Career Direction:
- Take A Career Assessment to Verify That Direction.
- Explore Career Options Related to Your Major with College Majors and Careers and the Career Information System (What Can I Do with a Major In…?)
- Use the Career Information System to Confirm Details About Your Career Choices
- Add Even More To Your Understanding with the Career Services Online Library
- For Example, Great Jobs For [Blank] Majors
- Explore Options Further Through Informational Interviews and Job Shadowing
- Use the Remaining Services Listed In the “Completely Decided” Section
Undecided About Career Direction:
- Take at Least Two Career Assessments to Help Begin Exploring Options that Suit You Best. These assessments help you learn more about your interests, abilities & skills you’d like to use, values, personality, and the life you’d like to create!
- Discuss Your Specific Situation with a Career Counselor.
- Use the Career Information System to Explore Details About Recommended Options.
- Use the Online Career Library to Learn More About Fields of Interest
- Use the Remaining Services Listed In the “Fairly Certain” & “Completely Decided” Sections
- Rely on the Career Services Staff Every Step of the Way.
- We’re Here to Help You Discover and Achieve the Career of Your Dreams!