North Idaho College Scholarships
Scholarships are a form of gift aid that do not require repayment. Scholarships are generally awarded on a variety of factors including academic achievement, talent, athletic ability, leadership, geographical location, field of study, and/or financial need.
New method of application for the 2013-2014 school year! Apply online using STARS
NIC has partnered with Stars to create an online application for NIC Foundation Scholarships. Students no longer need to print a form and fill out the application by hand. Simply log into your MyNIC account, click the "NIC Foundation Scholarship Application" in the Bookmarks section and apply! If you have any trouble applying, click the link for step by step instructions.
At this time, only the NIC Alumni Association, Roy and Leona Nelson Foundation, J. Douglas and Jan Bell Memorial scholarships (application coming soon) , and Rotary Scholarships require additional materials.
While the bulk of our scholarship awards are announced between April and June, awarding takes place through out the year. If you are selected for a scholarship you will be notified by Cardinal Mail.
North Idaho College Presidential Scholarship
Due March 15th - Scholarship recipients will receive a one-year tuition and fees scholarship to North Idaho College and will be eligible to apply for a second year award. Students who meet the following criteria are invited to apply for the North Idaho College Presidential Scholarship:
- Be an incoming freshman fall of 2013
- Have completed a North Idaho College Application for Admission
- Will be graduating from high school in Kootenai, Bonner, Benewah, Boundary, or Shoshone county
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.75
- Have completed at least two advanced classes which can include honors, AP, dual enrollment (WINGS), and/or IB course work
- Have demonstrated leadership in a school or community organization, association, club, or athletic team.
Idaho Career Information System (eCIS)
Log into the the largest scholarship database in the country! Follow the link to www.nic.edu/career and click on Idaho Career Information System under 'Quick Links.' Contact Academic Support Services for a username and password.