Welcome to Advising Services!
Advising Services is committed to providing academic advising to all undergraduate students, including prospective students, at North Idaho College. Through the advising process, students will: be assisted with clarifying their personal and educational goals; learn educational options available at North Idaho College; select an educational plan consistent with their abilities, skills, interests, and goals; and learn of resources available to assist them with being successful students.
Current Student? Be sure to contact your advisor who is assigned to you. This information can be found on your MyNIC account, under Academic Profile.
New or Transfer Student? When you receive your acceptance letter, be sure to sign up for mandatory OARS (Orientation, Advising, Registration Session) for Fall Semester. If you are starting in the Summer Session, be sure to sign up for the summer group advising session that meets your schedule.
Are you a Former Student? Please make sure you have completed a record update through the Admissions Office before scheduling an appointment with an advisor.
For Monday August 17, walk in advising is from 11 to 12 ONLY
- Tuesday, August 18, our office is closed for an all employee meeting from 7:30
until 10:30 with walk in advising from 2:00 to 3:45.
- Wednesday, August 19, there is no walk in advising or appointments as all
advisors will be in OARS helping new students
- Thursday, August 20, all day walk in advising starts at 8:00 a.m. and ends at
- Friday, August 21, all day walk in advising starts at 8:00 a.m. and ends at
2:00 p.m. as campus closes at 2:30 on Fridays
- In order to provide advising service for our students in a timely manner, we
are offering all day walk-in advising on a first come first serve basis
beginning August 20th through 27th, Monday through Thursday @ 8 AM until 4 pm,
and Friday, August 28th from 9:00 until 2:00.
- Normal advising appointments will resume Monday, August 31.
There are no upcoming OARS 2 Sessions at this time.
Advising Services Location:
2nd Floor, Edminster Student Union Building
Phone: (208) 769-7821
Monday-Thursday 7:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Friday 7:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Monday & Tuesday 2 p.m. - 4 p.m.**
Wednesday & Thursday 10 a.m. - Noon**
Friday 10 a.m. - Noon**
* Walk-ins are approximately 10-15 minute meetings for currently enrolled students. Walk-ins are designed to assist with quick questions and needs. Walk-ins are scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis and students may have to wait for the next available advisor.