Welcome to Advising Services!
Advising Services is committed to providing academic advising to all undergraduate students, including prospective students, at North Idaho College. Through the advising process, students will: be assisted with clarifying their personal and educational goals; learn educational options available at North Idaho College; select an educational plan consistent with their abilities, skills, interests, and goals; and learn of resources available to assist them with being successful students.
Current Student? Be sure to contact your advisor who is assigned to you. This information can be found on your MyNIC account, under Academic Profile.
Are you a Former Student? Please make sure you have completed a record update through the Admissions Office before scheduling an appointment with an advisor.
- Advisor Assignments for New Students - we are currently working on advisor assignments for new students. Watch your cardinal mail for information regarding your assigned advisor in the coming weeks.
The add period is over for the Fall 2015 Semester. Only late start courses may be added to schedules at this time.
- The drop period runs through September 8th. Full semester length courses dropped after September 8th will result in a grade of "W".
- Advising Day will be held on October 27th. Classes that meet at 4 pm or later are in session.
- Last day to drop a full semester length course with a grade of "W" is November 6th.
There are no upcoming OARS 2 Sessions at this time.
Advising Services Location:
2nd Floor, Edminster Student Union Building
Phone: (208) 769-7821
Monday-Thursday 7:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Friday 7:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Monday & Tuesday 2 p.m. - 4 p.m.**
Wednesday & Thursday 10 a.m. - Noon**
* Walk-ins are approximately 10-15 minute meetings for currently enrolled students. Walk-ins are designed to assist with quick questions and needs. Walk-ins are scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis and students may have to wait for the next available advisor.