Scholarships for American Indians
Afognak Higher Education Program
Afognak Native Corporation
215 Mission Road, Suite 212
Kodiak, Ak 99615
(907) 486-6014 Toll-free:(800) 770-6014 Fax: (907) 486-2514
To provide financial assistance to members of the Afognak Native Corporation in Alaska who are interested in enrolling in a traditional college, university, graduate school, or vocational program.
This program is open to Alaska natives who are original Afognak Native Corporation enrollees and their lineal descendants. Applicants must be high school graduates or GED recipients who have been accepted to or are enrolled at an accredited college, university, or vocational school to work on an associate, bachelor's, master's, or doctoral degree.
Along with their application:
- they must submit a letter that provides a personal history (information about their family and their special talents and abilities
- community involvement
- plans for the future, philosophy of life)
- future plans for education
- how their education may benefit the Alutiiq people and their commitment to the Alutiiq community.
Financial need is considered in the selection process.
A stipend is awarded (amount not specified)
1 year; may be renewed if the recipient maintains a GPA of 2.0 or higher
April of each year