Scholarships for American Indians
AISES Google Scholarship
American Indian Science and Engineering Society
Attn: Scholarship Coordinator
2305 Renard, S.E., Suite 200
P.O. Box 9828
Albuquerque, NM 87119-9828
(505) 765-1052, ext. 106 Fax: (505) 765-5608
To provide financial assistance to members of the American Indian Science and Engineering Society (AISES) who are working on an undergraduate or graduate degree in computer-rated field.
This program is open to AISES members who are full-time undergraduate or graduate students at a 4-year college or university or full-time student at a 2-year college enrolled in a program leading to a 4-year degree.
Applicants must be:
- majoring in computer science, computer engineering, or management information systems
- they must have a GPA of 3.5 or higher
- be able to document ancestry as an American Indian, Alaskan Native, or Native Hawaiian.
Along with their application:
- they must submit a 500-word essay on their educational and/or career goals, interest in and motivation to continue higher education
- understanding of the importance of college and commitment to completion, commitment to learning, and giving back to the community.
Financial need is not considered in the selection process. U.S. citizenship is required.
The Total award is $10.000, disbursed equally over the recipient's course of study
Until completion of a degree
This program, established in 2008, is funded by Google Inc.
June of each year