Scholarships for American Indians
Allogan Slagle Memorial Scholarship
Association on American Indian Affairs, Inc.
Attn: Director of Scholarship Programs
966 Hungerford Drive, Suite 12-B
Rockville, MD 20850
(240) 314-7155 Fax: (240) 314-7159
To provide financial assistance for college to Native American students whose tribe is not federally-recognized.
This program is open to American Indian and Native American full-time undergraduate students. Applicants must be members of tribes that are either state-recognized or that are not federally-recognized but are seeking federal recognition.
Along with their application:
- they must submit documentation of financial need
- a Certificate of Indian Blood showing at least one-quarter Indian blood (if available)
- proof of tribal enrollment
- an essay on their educational goals
- 2 letters of recommendation
- their most recent transcript.
Selection is based on need.
The stipend is $1,500
1 Year; recipients may reapply
1 or more each year
July of each year