Scholarships for American Indians
Alyeska Match Scholarship
Cook Inlet Tribal Council, Inc.
Attn: Tribal Scholarships and Grants Program
3600 San Jeronimo Drive, Suite 286
Anchorage, AK 99508
(907) 793-3578 Toll-free: (877) 985-9500 Fax: (907) 793-3589
To provide financial assistance to Alaska Natives who are working on an undergraduate degree or certificate at a school in any state in fields that will prepare them for employment on the Trans-Alaska Pipeline System (TAPS).
This program is open to Alaska Natives who are enrolled in college or a vocational training program in any state. Applicants must be studying a field specified by Alyeska Pipeline Service Company that relates to future employment on the TAPS.
Recently, those included:
- engineering (civil, electrical, mechanical, safety, engineering technology)
- safety (occupational safety and health, chemistry, certified safety professional (CSP), associate safety professional (ASP), certified industrial hygienist)
- information technology (including marketing and graphic design)
- process technology.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate unmet financial need even though they are receiving other funding. Awards are granted on a first-come, first-served basis.
The maximum stipend is $5,000. Awards are intended to be applied to tuition, fees, course-required books and supplies, and on-campus housing and meal plans only.
1 year; may be renewed up to 4 additional years if the recipient maintains a GPA of 2.0 or higher.
Funding for this program is provided by Alyeska Pipeline Service Company.
Varies each year
- June or each for fall
- November of each year for spring