Scholarships for American Indians
American Indian Chamber of Commerce of California Scholarship
American Indian Chamber of Commerce of California
Attn: AICC Scholarship
555 West Fifth Street, 31st Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90017
To provide financial assistance for college or graduate school to American Indians who live or attend school in California.
This program is open to American Indians who:
- are on federal- or state-recognized tribal roll and identified by a tribal enrollment card
- have an official letter from a feral- or state-recognized tribe or agency verifying tribal membership or Indian blood
Applicants must be full-time degree candidates at an accredited institution of higher learning (junior college, trade/vocational school, 4-year university, graduate school) in California or residents of California attending an institution of higher learning elsewhere in the United States.
Along with their application:
- they must submit an educational commitment essay describing their chosen field of study
- educational goals
- career goals
- chosen involvement in the Indian community
- how this scholarship will help in furthering their education.
Selection is based on:
- transcripts (30 points)
- a letter of recommendation (20 points)
- the educational commitment essay (50 points)
- major chosen (bonus 10 points if majoring in business).
Stipends are $2,500 or $1,500
This program, which began in 1999, includes the Darlene Dyer Stanhoff Memorial Scholarship.
6 each year: 1 at $2,500 and 5 at $1,500
October of each year