Scholarships for American Indians
American Indian Education Foundation Scholarship Program
American Indian Education Foundation
P.O. Box 27491
Albuquerque, NM 87125-9847
Toll-free: (800) 881-8694
To provide financial assistance for college to American Indian and Alaskan Native students.
This program is open to full-time students of Native American or Alaskan native descent who are currently attending or planning to attend a 2-year college, a 4-year college or university, or a vocational/technical school.
Applicants may be either:
- graduating high school seniors
- undergraduates who are entering, continuing, or returning to college.
Along with their application, they must submit a 4-page essay in which:
- they describe themselves as a student
- their ultimate career goals
- their plans for working in or with the Indian community
- their participation in leadership and/or community service activities.
A GPA of 2.0 to 2.4 is desirable, but all current or future undergraduate students are encouraged to apply. Financial need is considered in the selection process. All finalists are considered for the Paul Francis Memorial Scholarship and the Josephine Nipper Memorial Scholarship; priority for those awards is given to applicants who demonstrate true commitment to bettering their community.
The stipend is $2,000 per year
1 year; may be renewed
More than 100 each year
April of each year