Scholarships for American Indians
American Indian Services Scholarship Program
American Indian Services
1902 North Canyon Road, Suite 100
Provo, UT 84604
(801) 375-1777 Toll-free: (888) 227-4120 Fax: (801) 375-1643
To provide financial assistance for college to Native Americans who demonstrate financial need.
This program is open to undergraduate students who have completed no more than 150 semester credits at a university college, junior college, or technical school with a GPA of 2.25 or higher.
Applicants must be able:
- to document their Indian heritage with a Certificate of Indian Blood (CIB)
- other official document
- or an official document for their parent or grandparent.
- they must be at least one-quarter North American Native Indian blood.
Along with their application, they must submit a 1-page letter:
- about themselves, including their tribe
- where they are from
- the school they are attending
- their area of study
- their educational goals and future plans
- why they feel they need this scholarship.
Selection is based on:
- financial need
- academic status
- availability of funds.
Students are expected to arrange for payment of half their tuition. This program pays the other half, from $200 to $1,500.
1 semester; may be renewed if the recipient maintains a GPA of 2.25 or higher.
Recently, more than 1,500 of these scholarships were awarded.
- February of each year for classes starting in April or May
- May of each year for classes starting in June
- August of each year for classes starting in August or September
- November of each year for classes starting in January.