Scholarships for American Indians
AMS Undergraduate Scholarships
American Meteorological Society
Attn: Fellowship/Scholarship Program
45 Beacon Street
Boston, MA 02108-3693
(617) 227-2426, ext. 246 Fax: (617) 742-8718
To provide financial assistance to minority and other undergraduates majoring in meteorology or an aspect of atmospheric sciences.
This program is open to full-time students entering their final year of undergraduate study and majoring in:
- an aspect of the atmospheric
- related oceanic and hydrologic sciences.
Applicants must intend to make atmospheric or related sciences their career. They must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents enrolled at a U.S. institution and have a cumulative GPA of 3.25 or higher.
Along with their application, they must submit 200-word essays on:
- their most important achievements that qualify them for this scholarship
- their career goals in the atmospheric or related oceanic or hydrologic fields
Selection is based on academic excellence and achievement; financial need is not considered.
The sponsor specifically encourages applications from:
- students with disabilities
who are traditionally underrepresented in the atmospheric and related oceanic sciences.
Stipends range from $700 to $5,000 per year
Requests for an application must be accompanied by a self-addressed stamped envelope.
Varies each year; recently, 15 of these scholarships were awarded
February of each year