Scholarships for American Indians
Amy Louise Hunter-Wilson, M.D. Memorial Scholarship
Wisconsin Medial Society
Attn: Executive Director, Wisconsin Medical Society Foundation
330 East Lakeside Street
P.O. Box 1109
Madison, WI 53701-1109
(608) 442-3722 Toll-free: (866) 442-3800, ext. 3722 Fax: (608) 442-3851
To provide financial assistance to American Indians (especially those from Wisconsin) interested in working on a degree in medicine, nursing, or allied health care.
This program is open to members of federally-recognized American Indian tribes who are;
- full-time students enrolled in a health career program at an accredited institution
- adults returning to school in an allied health field
- adults working in a non-professional health-related field returning for a professional license or degree
Applicants must be working on a degree or advanced training as:
- a doctor of medicine
- physician assistance
- or other health-related professional.
Preference is given to residents of Wisconsin who are students at educational institutions in the state. U.S. citizenship is required.
Selection is based on:
- financial need
- academic achievement
- personal qualities and strengths
- letters of recommendation.
Stipends range from $1,000 to $4,000
Varies each year. Recently 7 of these scholarships were awarded:
- 3 at $1,000
- 2 at $1,500
- 1 at $2,000,
- 1 at $4,000
January of each year