Scholarships for American Indians
ANAC Student Diversity Mentoship Scholarship
Association of Nurses in AIDS Care
3538 Ridgewood Road
Akron, OH 44333-3122
(330) 670-0101 Toll-free: (800) 260-6780 Fax: (330) 670-0109
To provide financial assistance to students nurses from native American and other minority groups who are interested in HIV/AIDS nursing and in attending the national conference of Association of Nurses in AIDS Care (ANAC).
This program is open to students nurses from a diverse racial or ethnic background, defined to include:
- African Americans
- Asians/Pacific Islanders
- American Indians/Alaskan Natives.
Candidates must have:
- a genuine interest in HIV/AIDS nursing
- be interested in attending the ANAC national conference
- and desire to develop a mentorship relationship with a member of the ANAC Diversity Specialty Committee.
They must be currently enrolled in an accredited nursing program at any level (e.g.j L.P.N., A.D.N., diploma, B.S.N., or graduate nursing). Nominees may be recommended by:
- nursing faculty members
- or ANAC members, but their nomination must be supported by an ANAC member.
Along with their nomination form, they must submit a 500-word personal statement describing their interest or experiences in HIV/AIDS care and why they want to attend the ANAC conference.
Recipients are awarded a:
- $1,000 scholarship (paid directly to the school)
- up to $599 in reimbursement of travel expenses to attend the ANAC annual conference
- free conference registration
- an award plaque
- a free ticket to the awards ceremony at the conference
- and a 1-year ANAC membership.
The mentor will be assigned at the conference and will maintain contact during the period of study
1 each year
May of each year