Scholarships for American Indians
APICDA Supplemental Education Grants
Attn: Human Resources Director
509 West Third Avenue, Suite 101
Anchorage, AK 99501
(908) 929-5273 Toll-free: (800) 927-4232 Fax: (907) 929-5275
To provide financial assistance for vocational or related training to Alaska residents with ties to member communities of the Aleutian Pribilof Island Community Development Association (APICDA).
This program is open to residents of the following communities in Alaska:
- False Pass
- Nelson Lagoon
- St. George
Applicants must be interested in a program of vocational education, training, or correspondence study.
Along with their application, they must submit:
- a brief statement on their educational and professional development goals
- why they wish to attend school
- what they plan to do after receiving their training
- and the contribution they will make to the APICDA region after achieving their educational goals.
The stipend depends on the need of the recipient, to a maximum of $3,000 per year. Funds may be used for registration, tuition, books, transportation, or other reasonable educational expenses.
1 term; may be renewed
Varies each year; recently 30 of these scholarships were awarded
Applications may be submitted at any time, but they must be received at least 10 days prior to the start date of the training or education course.