Scholarships for American Indians
Booker T. Washington Scholarships
National FFA Organization
Attn: Scholarship Office
6060 FFA Drive
P.O. Box 68960
Indianapolis, IN 46268-0960
(317) 802-4419 Fax: (317) 802-5419
To provide financial assistance to Native American and other minority FFA members who are interested in studying agriculture is college.
This program is open to members who are graduating high school seniors planning to enroll full time in college. Applicants must be members of a minority ethnic group (African American, Asian American, Pacific Islander, Hispanic, Alaska Native, or American Indian) planning to work on a 4-year degree in agriculture.
Selection is based on:
- academic achievement (10 points for GPA, 10 points for SAT or ACT score, 10 points for class rank)
- leadership in FFA activities (30 points)
- leadership in community activities (10 points)
- and participation in the Supervised Agricultural Experience (SAE) program (30 points).
U.S. citizenship is required.
Scholarships are either $10,000 or $5,000. Funds are paid directly to the recipient.
1 year; nonrenewable
4 each year: 1 at $10,000 and 3 at $5,000
February of each year