Scholarships for American Indians
Bristol Bay Native Corporation Education Foundation Higher Education Scholarships
Bristol Bay Native Corporation
Attn: BBNC Education Foundation
111 West 16th Avenue, Suite 400
Anchorage, AK 99501
(907) 276-3924 Toll-free: (800) 426-3602 Fax: (907) 276-3924
To provide financial assistance to shareholders of Bristol Bay Native Corporation (BBNC) who are interested in attending college in any state.
This program is open to BBNC shareholders who have a high school diploma or equivalent and are enrolled or planning to enroll in an accredited college or university as a full-time student. Applicants must have a GPA of 2.0 or higher and be able to demonstrate financial need.
Along with their application, they must submit:
- an essay on how they became interested in their proposed field of study
- any special circumstances they want to be considered
- and their desire to work in the region or for a BBNC subsidiary company.
Selection is based on:
- the essay (35%)
- cumulative GPA (40%)
- financial need (20%)
- and letters of recommendation (5%).
Stipends may be as high as $10,000 per year, but recently they ranged from $750 to $3,000 per year.
Varies each year. Recently, 100 of these scholarships were awarded
April of each year