Scholarships for American Indians
Burlington Northern Santa Fe Foundation Scholarship
American Indian Science and Engineering Society
Attn: Scholarship Coordinator
2305 Renard, S.E., Suite 200
P.O. Box 9828
Albuquerque, NM 87119-9828
(505) 765-1052, ext. 106 Fax: (505) 765-5608
To provide financial assistance for college to outstanding American Indian and Alaskan Native high school seniors from designated states who are members of American Indian Science and Engineering Society (AISES).
This program is open to AISES members who are seniors graduating from high schools in the service area of the Burlington Northern and Santa Fe Corporation (Arizona, California, Colorado, Kansas, Minnesota, Montana, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Dakota, and Washington).
Applicants must be planning to attend an accredited 4-year college or university in any state and major in:
- medicine or health administration
- natural or physical sciences
- or technology.
They must submit:
- a Certificate of Indian Blood or proof of enrollment in an American Indian tribe or Alaskan Native group
- a 500-word essay on their educational and career goals, including their interest in and motivation to continue higher education, an understanding of the importance of college and commitment to completing their educational and/or career goals, and a commitment to learning and giving back to the community
- school transcripts showing a GPA of 2.0 or higher
Financial need is also considered in the selection process.
The stipend is $2,500 per year
4 years or until completion of a baccalaureate degree, whichever occurs first.
This program is funded by the Burlington Northern Santa Fe Foundation and administered by AISES
5 new awards are made each year
April of each year