Scholarships for American Indians
Edith Kanaka'ole Foundation Higher Education Scholarship
Edith kanaka'ole Foundation
Attn: Higher Education Scholarship
1500 Kalaniana'ole Avenue
Hilo, HI 96720-4814
(808) 961-5242 Fax: (808) 961-4789
To provide financial assistance to Native Hawaiians whoa re attending or planning to attend a chollege or university on the island of Hawai'i.
This program is open to students who are of Native Hawaiian ancestry in whole or in part. Applicants must be attending or planning to attend a college or university on Hawai'i island as a full-time student. They must have a GPA of 2.5 or higher and agree to complete a "give back" program.
Preference is given to:
- Students in a discipline that has little or no Native Hawaiian representation, very low Hawaiian enrollment, and/or a low exit degree completion
- lessees in the Department of Hawaiian Homes or a child of a lessee
- students born and raised in the districts of Ka'u Kohala, Puna, or Hilo
- upper-division or advanced standing students
- Hawaiian cultural practitioner
A stipend is awarded (amount not specified); funds are not intended to be the recipient's primary source of higher education funding.
1 year; may be renewed if the recipient maintains a GPA of 3.0 or higher
1 each year