Scholarships for American Indians
Ethel and Emery Fast Scholarship
Ethel and Emery Fast Scholarship Foundation, Inc.
12620 Rolling Road
Potomac, MD 20854
(301) 762-1102 Fax: (301) 279-0201
To provide financial assistance to qualified Native Americans enrolled as undergraduates or graduate students.
- be Native Americans enrolled in a federally-recognized tribe
- have successfully completed 1 year of their undergraduate or graduate school program
- be enrolled in school full time
- be able to demonstrate financial need
Along with their application, they must submit:
- documentation of Native American eligibility
- an original transcript
- a letter confirming enrollment
- a federal income tax return
- a statement of financial need and a personal statement (up to 2 pages) describing their current situation, their future aspirations in terms of their academic pursuits, and how this scholarship will assist them in attaining their goals
A stipend is awarded (amount not specified). Funds are paid directly to the recipient's college or university and can only be used to pay for tuition, room, board, and fees.
Varies each year
August of each year for the fall semester
January of each year for the spring semester