Scholarships for American Indians
General Motors Minority Dealers Association Minority Scholarship Program
General Motors Minority Dealers Association
29433 Southfield Road, Suite 210
Southfield, MI 48076
(248) 552-9022 Toll-free: (888) 377-5233
Fax: (248) 552-9022
To provide financial assistance for college to Native American and other ethnic minority high school seniors and college students.
This program is open to ethnic minority graduating high school seniors and current college students who are enrolled or planning to enroll full time at an accredited 2-year or 4-year college or university in the United States.
Applicants must be
- U.S. citizens with a GPA of 3.0 of higher.
Along with their application, they must submit a personal statement of 500 to 750 words explaining
- how their activities, outside activities, and work experiences, are shaping their educational and career goals
- why they should be considered for this scholarship
Selection is based on
- that statement
- academic excellence
- leadership and participation in school and community activities
- work experience
- career aspirations
The stipend is $2,500
This program began in 2004
Varies each year; recently, 18 of these scholarships were awarded
November of each year