Scholarships for American Indians
General Motors minority Engineering And Science Scholarship Program
General Motors Corporation
Attn: GM Scholarship Administration Center
700 West Fifth Avenue
Naperville, IL 60663
Toll-free: (888) 377-5233 Fax: (630) 428-2695
To provide financial assistance to Native American and other underrepresented minority college students interested in majoring in an engineering or science program of interest to General Motors.
This program is open to minority (African American, Hispanic, or Native American) students currently enrolled or planning to enroll full time at a 4- year college of university with sufficient credits to be classified as a sophomore or junior.
Applicants must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher and plans to enroll in engineering or science; preference is given to students in
- of mechanical engineering
- or other closely-related fields of science or engineering
They must be U.S. citizens or have eligibility to work permanently in the United States.
Along with their application, they must include
- a letter of recommendation from a college instructor or other representative
- official transcripts from their college
- and a personal statement (500 to 750 words) about how their college experience (academics, extracurricular activities, outside activities, work experience) are shaping their educational and career goals.
Selections based on
- that statement
- academic performance
- and demonstrated skills in areas of interest to General Motors
Financial need is not considered.
The stipend is $5,000 per year.
Summer internships at a General Motors facility may also be available to recipients.
A limited number are awarded each year.
May of each year.