Scholarships for American Indians
George M. Brooker Collegiate Scholarship For Minorities
Institute of Real Estate Management Foundation
Attn: Foundation Coordinator
430 Norht Michigan Avenue
Chicago, IL 60611-4090
(312) 329-6008 Toll-free: (800) 837-0706, ext. 6008
Fax: (312) 410-7908
To provide financial assistance to Native Americans and other minorities interested in preparing (on the undergraduate or graduate school level) for a career in the real estate management industry.
This program is open to junior, senior, and graduate minority (non-Caucasian) students majoring in real estate or, if their college has no real estate major, in a related field. Applicants must be preparing for a career in real estate, especially real estate management, after graduation.
They must have completed at least 2 courses in
- real estate
- have a GPA of 3.0 or higher in their major.
Along with their application, they must submit an essay (up to 500 words) on:
- why they want to follow a career in real estate management
- what they hope to accomplish in the field
- why they believe that success in the field will come.
Financial need is not considered in the selection process.
- $1,000 for undergraduates
- $2,500 for graduate students.
Funds are disbursed to the institution the student attends to be used only for tuition expenses.
1 year; nonrenewable
3 each year:
- 2 for undergraduates
- 1 for a graduate student
March of each year