You must have a valid Cardinal Card (ID card) to sign up for Cardinal Cash.
What is Cardinal Cash?
Cardinal cash is a prepaid, declining balance account that is similar to a debit card.
What is it for?
The Cardinal Cash program allows you flexible spending options on campus for bookstore purchases, printing and dining services.
Who is it for?
Cardinal Cash is for students who are living on or off campus and employees.
How do I add Cardinal Cash to my Cardinal Card?
A minimum deposit of $20.00 is required. Cardholders understand that Cardinal Cash is non-transferrable and agrees to abide by all rules, regulations, policies, and procedures specified by North Idaho College and the Cardinal Card Office. Cardinal cash may be added to your Cardinal Card in two ways:
- Go to the Information/Cardinal Card office in the Edminster Student Union. We take cash, check, Visa, MasterCard and Discover.
- Use the “GET Funds” link on MyNIC and register to add money using Visa, MasterCard or Discover.
Where can I spend my Cardinal Cash?
At this time you can use your Cardinal Cash for purchases in the Mica Peak Exchange Bookstore, The Market and Caffeinated Cardinal in Dining Services and at the Cardinal Card office for card replacement or purchases. Cardinal Cash can also be used for printing services in the Molstead library computer lab.
Cardinal Cash Withdrawals/Refunds
- Cardinal Cash cannot be used for cash withdrawals
- Students: A refund may be processed upon request following submission of a Cardinal Cash Refund Form for those graduating or withdrawing from North Idaho College with an available Cardinal Cash balance. Please provide proof of graduation or withdrawal with your refund form. The balance of your account minus a $10.00 fee will be mailed via check to your listed address. There are no refunds if your Cardinal Cash is less than or equal to $10.00.
- Employees: A refund may be processed upon request following submission of a Cardinal Cash Refund Form for those ending their employment with North Idaho College. The balance of your account minus a $10.00 fee will be mailed via check to your listed address. There are no refunds if your Cardinal Cash is less than or equal to $10.00.
Cardinal Cash funds carry forward to the next term or year and are not subject to an expiration date as long as it is active within two years. Students with Cardinal Cash accounts having no activity for two years will be purged.