As Board Members of ASNIC, we pledge to uphold and promote the student code of conduct throughout the college community. We feel that as leaders of the student population we shall hold ourselves to a higher standard. Thus, we have created what shall hereby be known as The Bushido. In doing so we take on the responsibility of:
- Abiding by the ASNIC Constitution and its Bylaws in their entirety.
- The ASNIC Mission Statement shall be forefront in all members’ thoughts concerning any and all ASNIC decisions and matters.
- Being accountable and maintaining involvement in all said responsibilities, (i.e.: meetings, office hours, workshops, committees, retreats) that were agreed upon prior to induction to ASNIC.
- ASNIC feels that it is essential that student leaders be professional, and merit the confidence of their constituents, endeavoring to be models of honesty and integrity.
- ASNIC officers shall use integrity regarding their actions, through and outside the college atmosphere, that may reflect the image of the students, (i.e.: computer usage, public interactions, and college engagements).
- ASNIC expects its employees to be considerate of all people involved with the organization and their right to privacy.
- ASNIC shall not tolerate abuses of power by any representative. An abuse of power occurs when a representative, in a supervisory position over another, takes action that is outside the scope of their authority as defined within the Bylaws of the Associated Students North Idaho College Constitution
- ASNIC Board Members should strive to continually improve their knowledge about issues of concern to the students and seek out all sides of the issue before making a decision.