Staff Assembly Meeting Minutes
April 8, 2010 at 2:00 p.m.
Blue Creek Bay - SUB
Call to Order
The meeting was called to order at 2:03 p.m. by Heather Erickson, Chair.
Approval of Minutes
It was moved and seconded to approve the March, 2010 meeting minutes.
Featured Topic – Wade Larson
Wade Larsen presented an overview of employee benefits for 2010/2010. Open enrollment begins April 29 until May 28, 2010. All employees must re-enroll online every year to continue to receive benefits. Here are a couple of points:
• There will be a change to the flexible spending account … effective 1/1/11 the flex account will no longer cover OTC (over the counter) medications.
• There will be a premium holiday which will be seen in your July 31 paycheck.
The wellness program was also discussed and Wade explained what you will need to do to participate in the program and the incentives that will be awarded.
There will be numerous meetings scheduled during April and May with Wade Larson who will be covering Open Enrollment and with Regence to discuss their benefit coverage.
For more information, here is the link to Wade’s powerpoint: http://www.nic.edu/modules/images/websites/34/file/Employee-Presentation-FY11-slides.pdf
Board of Trustees - Alex Harris reported on the BOT. Items discussed:
• Refinancing Residence Hall - Rolly Jurgens/Danielle Quade
• Awarding Tenure - Jay Lee
• Board of Trustees Meeting Calendar - Priscilla Bell
• Third Quarter FY10 Budget Review - Rolly Jurgens
• Kootenai Technical Education Campus (KTEC) - Ron Vieselmeyer
• Education Corridor - Christie Wood/Mic Armon
Senate Update - Erin Norvell reported that Senate has passed for a second reading the proposal to reapportion Senate membership by amending the Senate Constitution and Bylaws.
Diversity Events – The week of April 26 – 29 is Experience the World hosted by the Diversity Events Committee. The week’s schedule includes games, dance, music and food from around the world. Flyers will be up soon listing the various event dates and times.
Good for the Order:
Pam Noah has been in contact with the Spokane Indians and wondered if employees would like to get together at an Indians game this summer. People were interested so Pam will get information out regarding the tickets, dates, etc.
Adjourned at 3:50 pm. The next meeting is scheduled for Thursday, May 13 at Noon in Blue Creek Bay – SUB.