Lee Hall Annex (LHA) 101
(Behind Lee/Kildow Hall, toward the Children's Center)
Building #16 on the NIC campus map linked here: http://www.nic.edu/about/maps/campus.aspx
Phone English Department:
- 8 - 6 Monday - Thursday
- 8 - 2 Friday
The North Idaho College Writing Center maintains a welcoming and individualized environment in which students of all different levels and abilities can further develop their writing skills.
The Writing Center seeks to fulfill its role by providing several different types of services:
- providing for scheduled one-on-one appointments with writing consultants
- assisting students on a walk-in basis maintaining a library of current writing resource materials
- encouraging Writing Across the Curriculum
- recording student satisfaction
- accommodating specific instructor requests and referrals
In addition to helping students with their current individual writing needs, the Writing Center upholds a student-centered environment that stresses the relationship between strong written and oral communication skills and success both in and beyond college. This environment not only helps students become more critical readers and more competent writers, but also promotes their success across the curriculum and encourages life-long learning.