Classes start January 2024
Firefighter 1 Academy is designed to prepare students for the written and skills examinations for Idaho Fire Fighter 1 certification accredited by the International Fire Service Accreditation Congress (IFSAC). Instruction includes basic firefighting skills, hazardous materials and infection control for emergency responders. The academy offers students the opportunity to learn from and network with instructors from Coeur d’Alene Fire Department, Kootenai County Fire and Rescue and Northern Lakes Fire District.
The Application window for the 2024 Academy is from Sept 6 through Sept 23, 2023.
- Coeur d'Alene Fire Department
- Kootenai County Fire and Rescue
- Northern Lakes Fire District
- Idaho Fire Service Technology
- International Fire Service Accreditation Service (IFSAC)
Health Professions and Emergency Services Program Coordinator
NIC Workforce Training Center