The Graphic and Web Design program is designed to prepare students for entry-level positions in the graphic and web design markets. The program emphasizes the basic skills knowledge and abilities typically encountered in the graphic design professions as well as the knowledge of how to design prototypes and create compelling business informational educational and self-promotional websites.
Instruction includes theories and methodologies used to implement creative technical and esthetic solutions into print advertising packaging web design user interactivity usability/accessibility digital video and new media applications.
Seats are limited. Registration begins in May until the program is full.
- Complete a new application (not a change of major form) www.nic.edu/start
- Have a GPA of 2.0 or higher in current college courses including any dual credit.
- Complete FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) https://studentaid.gov
- Provide one or more of the following for Math and English placement. Scores must be less than four years old.
- RSAT Math score of 440+ (510 preferred), English score 370+ (450 preferred)
- ACT Math score 16+ (20 preferred), English 12+ (16 preferred)
- ALEKS Math Placement score 14+ (30 preferred)
- The Write Class English score (3+ preferred)
- Official college transcripts showing completed English and/or Math courses.
- Complete a Graphic Design Assessment at NIC Testing Center or Outreach Center in your area. This step is temporarily suspended from 9/23/20 until further notice.
- Meet with the program coordinators. Philippe Valle email@example.com
- Set up and check your student email** (Cardinal Mail) regularly for all further communications regarding your status for this program and for financial aid.
- Schedule an appointment with an advisor ASAP. Call (208) 769-3448.
- Please contact the CTE advisor if you have questions, or if you wish to discuss taking classes prior to entering the program firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Failure to show up on the first day of classes without prior permission may result in your removal from the program for the next eligible person in line.
|Quick Facts: Graphic Designers|
|2021 Median Pay||$50,710 per year
$24.38 per hour
|Typical Entry-Level Education||Bachelor's Degree|
|Work Experience in a Related Occupation||None|
|Number of Jobs, 2021||265,000|
|Job Outlook, 2021-31||3% (Slower than average)|
|Employment Change, 2021-31||6,800|