The Computer Information Technology (CITE) program prepares students for careers in information technology by offering a one-year intermediate technical certificate a two-year advanced technical certificate and an associate of applied science degree. The A.A.S. degree in CITE is a two-year program that will prepare students for working with sophisticated networking hardware and operating system software and will lead to industry-recognized certifications. It also includes all related coursework to complete A.A.S. degree requirements.
The CITE one-year intermediate technical certificate teaches the foundation of information technology job skills and the two-year advanced technical certificate includes all the technical coursework of the A.A.S. degree but with reduced general education requirements.
The CITE program is designed to provide students with essential skills to plan implement administer support and secure networked computer systems and associated users as well as install and configure routers and switches in multiprotocol internetworks using LAN and WAN interfaces. North Idaho College operates a Cisco Networking Academy. NIC is a Microsoft IT Academy member institution and maintains academic partnerships with industry leaders such as CompTIA and VMware.
Continued advances in network technology have created an increased need for professionals trained in the information technology field. Students will gain essential technical instruction that enables them to perform tasks such as network design installation maintenance and management as well as fill network administration and systems administration job roles.
This is a selective enrollment program. Successful completion of each semester or permission of the instructor is required to continue to the next semester. Successful completion of the technical certificate or permission of the instructor is required for enrollment in third and fourth-semester courses.
Contact the Career-Technical Programs advisor for information on selective enrollment criteria.
Computer Information Technology (CITE)
Cybersecurity and Information Security (INFOSEC) Administration
Fall 2023 Career and Technical (CTE) Selective Programs
*Registration begins in April for Fall semester start. Seats are limited.*
- Complete new application (not a change of major form) www.nic.edu/start
- Have a GPA of 2.0 or higher in current college courses including any dual credit.
- Complete FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) https://studentaid.gov
- Provide one or more of the following for Math and English placement. Scores must be less than four years old.
- RSAT Math score of 440+ (510 preferred), English score 450 or higher
- ACT Math score 16+ (20 preferred), English 16 or higher
- ALEKS Math Placement score 14+ (30 preferred)
- The Write Class English score 3 or higher
- Official college transcripts showing completed English and/or Math courses.
Please contact the CTE advisor if you have questions, or if you wish to discuss taking classes prior to entering the program firstname.lastname@example.org .
**Failure to respond to phone calls and/or emails may result in missing your opportunity to be in the program because of limited seating.
Computer Information Technology 2023-2024 Tools & Supplies
Estimated costs are subject to change.
*This list does not include books and materials for General Education course requirements.
Out of Pocket Expenses: $5.00-10.00
- Engineering Journal
- Paper, pens, pencils
Additional Out of Pocket expenses 1st year:
- CITE 116 Microsoft Windows 10 ( MD-100) textbook: $40.00 - 120.00
- CITE-104 Hands-on Microsoft Windows Server 2019 textbook: $40.00-120.00
Special Course Fees 1st year: Included with Tuition
- CITE 127 Duo Multi-Factor Authentication 9 mo. Subscription: $416.00
- CITE 118 COMP TIA A+, 2 exam vouchers $112 ea. $224.00
Additional Out of Pocket expenses 2nd year:
- CITE 207 Azure/AWS pay-as-you-go Cloud Services: $100.00
Special Course Fees 2nd year:
- CITE 206 Duo Multi-Factor Authentication Subscription: $30.00
- CITE 207 Cloud Foundations/Fundamentals certification bundle $130
- CITE 208 Microsoft Cert-Prep bundle $135
- CITE 217/219 CCNA Routing and Switching $300.00