Fall 2023, Spring 2024, Summer 2024
Required financial aid documentation and forms will be submitted electronically through the StudentForms portal.
If you are missing documentation required for your financial aid file, you can find this information and the link to StudentForms on your MyNIC Account by going to Self Service, then Financial Aid, then "Complete required documents" on your Financial Aid Checklist.
- Conditions of Award for 23-24
- Identity and Statement of Educational Purpose Form
- Homeless Verification Form
- Needs Analysis Release of Information Form for third-party entitiesNeeds Analysis Release of Information Form for third-party entities
- Parent Refusal Form
- Citizenship Affadavit
- Work-Study Application (Automatically sent to your Cardinal Mail, if eligible)
All appeals will be assigned individually on your MyNIC Account. If you need to submit an appeal, the form will be found by logging into MyNIC, selecting Self Service, selecting Financial Aid, and then selecting "Complete required documents" on your Financial Aid Checklist.
Appeals Forms include:
- Disqualified Contract Extension Request
- Disqualified Broke Contract Appeal Form
- Disqualified Maximum Timeframe Appeal Form
- Disqualified Unsatisfactory Appeal Form
- Financial Aid Unsatisfactory Appeal Professional Reference Letter Form
Appeal deadlines for each semester are published on the college calendar.
Each year, the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is completed based on prior-prior year tax information. For the 2023-24 FAFSA, students are required to provide their 2021 tax data.
If you have had a recent decrease in household income due to extenuating circumstances, you are encouraged to complete a FAFSA Income Modification Request to determine if your Federal Student Aid eligibility can be adjusted.
Extenuating circumstances include but are not limited to:
- Change in marital status
- 2022 tax information more indicative of your current situation
- Reduction in employment within the last 12 months
- Reduction in employment due to disability
- Death in the household
- Non-recurring income received in 2021
- Reduction/termination of Social Security income
If one or more of these circumstances apply to you, please complete a FAFSA Income Modification Request. All students who submit a request must have a processed 2023-24 FAFSA, must meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) eligibility requirements, and must be in good standing with any previous Federal Student Aid loans.
The request and all required documentation can be submitted through email, fax, or in person at Cardinal Central.
- If you are required to provide parent information on your FAFSA, complete the
Dependent FAFSA Income Modification Request.
- If you are not required to provide parent information on your FAFSA, complete the
Independent FAFSA Income Modification Request.
If you are unsure which request to complete, contact Cardinal Central at (208) 769-3311 or CardinalCentral@nic.edu.