This program gives students the necessary skills and certificates needed to obtain employment in the outdoor recreation field. The coursework in this curriculum is primarily field-based and leadership development center. Graduates will have the confidence to excel in this growing industry.
This is a limited enrollment program. See the catalog for special admission procedures or contact a Career and Technical Education advisor for more information.
Outdoor Recreation Leadership
Fall 2023 Career and Technical (CTE) Limited Program
*Registration begins in April for Fall semester start. Seats are limited.*
- Complete new application (not a change of major form) www.nic.edu/start
- Have a GPA of 2.0 or higher in current college courses including any dual credit.
- Complete FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) https://studentaid.gov
- Provide one or more of the following for Math and English placement. Scores must be less than four years old.
- RSAT Math score of 440+ (510 preferred), English score 370+ (450 preferred)
- ACT Math score 16+ (20 preferred), English 12+ (16 preferred)
- ALEKS Math Placement score 14+ (30 preferred)
- The Write Class English score 3 or higher
- Official college transcripts showing completed English and/or Math courses.
**Failure to respond to phone calls and/or emails may result in missing your opportunity to be in the program because of limited seating.