These are challenging times and the employees at North Idaho College are here to help. In order to assist you in meeting your academic goals while helping you deal with unforeseen situations, here is a comprehensive guide of NIC resources available to all NIC students:
The NIC Food Pantry can assist NIC students who are facing food insecurity. For more information, contact Student Services Office Senior Administrative Assistant Robin Reese at (208) 676-7156 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are additional resources available to help with food assistance.
North Idaho College also has two licensed therapists available to assist students. Student Counseling Services provides free, confidential, solution-focused brief therapy for two to four sessions to assist and encourage student success at North Idaho College. For students who may benefit from other kinds of counseling and/or long-term services, the staff at Student Counseling Services works with students to help them locate and access additional resources in their local community.
Call (208) 665-4520 to make an appointment or email Ty Caraway at email@example.com.
Other resources to be aware of include:
- 911 - Emergency Services
- North Idaho Crisis Center Free Services: (208) 625-4884
- Safe Passage Violence Prevention Center (domestic violence/rape) Coeur d'Alene: (208) 664-9303
- Idaho Suicide Prevention Hotline: (208) 398-4357 or 1-800-273-8255
- Veterans Crisis Line: 1-800-273-8255 or to talk online, send a text message to 838255
- Trans Lifeline (Transgender Crisis Assistance): 1-877-565-8860
- Region 1 Idaho Department of Health and Welfare Mental Health After Hours Crisis Number: 1-888-769-1405
- Kootenai Health Behavioral Health Services: (208) 625-5771
NIC students with disabilities are supported by NIC's Disability Support Services (DSS) office. DSS facilitates academic accommodations, access, assistance, and services at NIC and at the North Idaho Consortium of Higher Education campuses of Boise State University, Lewis and Clark State College and the Idaho State University in the Northern Idaho region.
Contact Disability Support Services at (208) 665-4520 or email Ty Caraway at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The eLearning Students section provides resources for your online class, such as Canvas and Proctorio, as well as frequently asked questions. You can learn more about Canvas by logging into the Canvas Student Orientation.
- Loaner Laptops: We are continuing the laptop loan program for students in need. Due to the limited number of available laptops, we have determined the best way to distribute the laptops is by faculty and advisor referral. If you need a laptop, please ask one of your instructors or your advisor to submit a loaner laptop request to the Help Desk by submitting a ticket on the Information Technology page.
- Loaner Internet Hotspots: A limited number of hotspots for wireless internet are available for students in need. Hotspots are only available by NIC faculty or staff referral. The referring faculty or staff member should contact Student Services Office Senior Administrative Assistant Robin Reese at (208) 676-7156 or email@example.com for assistance.
- Student Labs and Computing Spaces: There are several computers that students can use on the NIC campus and at NIC's outreach sites. See the Student Labs and Computing Spaces map for more information. Students can also access Student Lab computers remotely.
- Cardinal WiFi: Wireless access points are in every building on the Coeur d'Alene campus, at the Parker Technical Education Building, NIC at Sandpoint and other campus locations. See the External WiFi Campus Map for the best wireless access locations outside of NIC's buildings. *For off-campus internet options, see the knowledge base article for Home Internet Options and Resources for Students.
- Student Resources Page: IT has created a new Student Resources page that summarizes all of the IT resources that are available for students.
- IT Help Desk: Students are encouraged to contact the Help Desk if they need help with Canvas, MyNIC, Cardinal WiFi or Cardinal Mail, or if they have other technical issues and questions. See nic.edu/it for the Help Desk's contact information and hours.
Molstead Digital Resource Support
Contact the Molstead Library for information on how to access and use NIC digital resources.