- Secure your instructor's permission to use the NIC Testing Center and provide them with our contact information and your intended testing time.
- A fee of $5 per 15 minute increment ($20 per hour) is required. This must be paid upon the completion of the exam. At this time only cash or check is acceptable (unless your school pays on your behalf).
- No testing fee is charged for Idaho public colleges . There may be a separate fee associated with special exams; please check with the Testing Center if you are unsure.
- An appointment should be made at least 24 hours in advance for each exam, but the farther you schedule in advance, the better.
- Personal belongings not required for the exam may not be taken into the testing area.
- Testers must abide by any guidelines specified by their instructor.
- Cell phones and/or other electronic devices are not allowed in the testing room and may not be used as a calculator or other resource
Students who are unable to take their exams at an official NIC location are expected to locate the nearest college or university testing center to make arrangements for exam proctoring. If no such facility is available, students should discuss other options with their instructors such a public library or learning center.
Students should not expect their instructor to approve the following individuals as viable proctors:
- a friend or family member
- an employer or coworker
- a current NIC student
Please follow these steps:
- Contact your instructor to discuss your testings needs.
- Identify an outside proctor you wish to use.
- Fill out the top of the proctor verification form and send it to your desired proctor.
- The proctor will complete the rest of the form and return it to the NIC Testing Center.
- The NIC Testing Center will verify the validity of the proctor and send the completed form to your instructor for approval. She or he will then provide the proctor with any necessary testing materials.
- You will need to schedule your own testing times with your proctor. Please be sure to inform your instructor of any appointments you make as early as possible. Good communication is vital.
- Any fees required by the testing site will be the responsibility of the student.
- Your student should contact you to discuss their outside proctoring needs.
- Your student should fill out the top portion of the proctor verification formproctor verification form before sending it to the proposed proctor. The proctor should complete the form and return it to the NIC Testing Center.
- The NIC Testing Center will verify the validity of the proctor and send the completed form to you for your consideration and approval. If you approve of the proctor, please contact them directly to provide testing materials and instructions as early as possible.
- If your exam requires Respondus lockdown browser, please be sure to inform the proctor and provide them with a copy of instructions for administering online exams document.
- If you are familiar and comfortable with a proctoring site you may approve of them directly without verification by the NIC Testing Center. In such situations, please communicate this information directly to your student.