This application is for Occupational Skills Training offered by the NIC Workforce Training Center that results in certification or licensure. Personal interest classes are not scholarship eligible. For a list of class offerings, see the current Workforce Training Center catalog, or go online to www.nic.edu/wtc
All applicants working in Idaho should apply for Idaho Launch funding prior to completing the scholarship application. Click here to begin the process.
Scholarship funds are limited and classes fill up quickly. Due to this, classes may be full at the time of award. If this occurs, a new available class date may be selected or the award is rescinded.
- A limited number of scholarships are available. Applications are reviewed and evaluated on the below criteria on a weighted average (points awarded in each category).
- Financial Need, First Generation, Clear Education Goal, Conviction in Pursuit of Goal Commitment, Prior Education/Training, Prior Scholarship Recipient, Live in Rural Area
- Preference will be given to low income and/or a “first generation” students, (neither parent has obtained a bachelor’s degree).
- Failure to complete any portion of the application greatly reduces your chance of being awarded a scholarship.
- Scholarship awards are for partial costs of registration/tuition. The remaining cost/balance must be paid at time of scholarship acceptance/course registration.
- Scholarships cannot be awarded to reimburse for already enrolled classes.
- Applicants will be notified either by phone or email; please refrain from calling regarding the status of your scholarship.
- Scholarship recipients must accept the award and register for class by the registration acceptance/registration deadline indicated on the award letter. Failure to accept/register by the deadline will result in retraction of the scholarship award.
- Proof of residency is required at time of award acceptance as some scholarship funds require Idaho Residency.